Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Nov 5

I have been really pleased with the work everyone is doing.  We still have notes to fix but its coming along.  We have been reviewing some easy songs and moving to Jingle Bells and Jolly Old St. Nick this week.

These are the dates for our first concert:

Horizon - December 12, 6:15 (with choir)
Clear Creek - January 14, 7:00
Belmont - January 15, 7:00
Mize - January 21, 7:00
Riverview January 22, 7:00

The dress for all concerts will be black shirt (any kind) and blue jeans.  For Horizon students who are also in choir, they should wear their choir shirt.  We will also have an assembly in December before break.  Those are being schedule now and I'll let you know the details soon.

I have had an idea to make a series of videos to post online with short lessons like instrument care and making the first note.  A band director in Massachusetts made such a webpage, so instead of re-inventing the wheel, I'm going to share it with you.  I have watched most of the clips and they are pretty good.  For the percussionists, the videos are about snare drum so they can practice that if they want to.

http://www.basicband.info/

Please let me know if you have any questions.  I am happy to help.

Mr. Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment